Search This Blog

Tuesday 18 August, 2009

Confessions part 1

Dear All,

I am really thankful to all of you who have contributed in their own ways to this blog. Some of them by posting comments, others by sending mails to me, a few others on chat and all others who have been active readers.

Lately I have been suffering from a writer's block and hence was not able to find a good topic or incident to write upon. So i have decided to start with fiction. In this series I plan to make a few confessions which is purely fiction and has no truth in it whatsoever. So please read and enjoy. Thank you.

Michael Lawrence

Confessions of a born Spectator

Dear Michael,

I have been reading your blogs for a while now. I have found it interesting but I don't believe much of what is written in your blog is true. Also, unlike what you have told in your previous posts of people being shades of grey and not black or white you have been painting people in black and white. All the people on the other side... you have painted them black and guys on your side... they have been white. I am an anonymous and would like to remain the same. But I would like to echo a few things that are in my mind which are not in sync with your thinking or how you have been in campus or what you did in the campus.

You might be wondering who I am or why I do not have the balls to write to you without hiding behind a mask. Well, it is just true to how i have been all my life. I was in the hostel the same day you got hit. I saw your bloody nose and swollen lips, I also saw a few others get hit. I was feeling bad for all that happened. I wanted to rescue and be in the middle of the things and get them outta there. I saw the crowd gather outside the room of 'the bearded guy from kayamkulam'. I saw them enter his room and how they pounded on the bearded guy. I saw how they came in huge numbers and over-powered all of you. The bearded guy was my friend too. He was better friend of mine than you were. I was not there when they hit you... But when they started to pound on the bearded guy i wanted to intervene. I did not. The longer i stayed there, the harder it became for me not to intervene. So i walked out the 1st floor and went to the mess. I was shivering... I was scared. I was feeling the pain. I was contemplating hiding in some toilet or get out of the hostel thro' the kitchen door.

In the pretext of getting water from the mess, I walked right into the mess and then slowly opened the kitchen door. I was surprised that the kitchen door was not shut. Even though it was dark I knew exactly where the switches of the lights were. I stumbled across the door and switched on the light. And then I heard someone swearing me from behind. I turned around. I saw a familiar face. It was not the cook, nor was it the help of the cook. It was a face I had seen in the front row of your campaign for elections. It was the same guy who had given a hundred speeches. He was not alone. He was with a few others who were as chicken as me. I know I have been a chicken but today I am happy that I did not poke my nose into someone else's business.

Today, I am working in a software MNC with good reputation and great salary. I am proud that I have been able to help my younger siblings financially for their studies. I am proud that my parents' medical needs can be easily taken care of. I am proud that I have bought myself a car and awesome blaupkunt sound machine.
I am sorry I have been a born spectator all my life and I will continue to be..... But just want to quote you here "And I, Aint no Jesus Christ. Aint no Satan. i am just me. Not black. Not white. Just like any of you, another shade of grey. How grey I really am... well it depends on how you wanna see it..." Please do not judge me.

Thanks and Regards,

The faceless Man....

11 comments:

  1. This is simply a great write up....Loved reading it.Maybe the best of ur blogs till date.
    Now i understand that i should turn to reading fictions;) its interesting..

    ReplyDelete
  2. this guy shud be appu... coz he is refering to black n he s pissed of wid being black...

    ReplyDelete
  3. hehehehehehe.. sageeere, athu kollarunnu...

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is good mike...really good enough to think it mite not even be fiction...adn about suffering from "writer's block"...dude... aint u getting worked up a bit about u being a writer who is big enuf to get a block ...get over it man...i've heard about huge writers getting a block after 2-3 master pieces... u just lack material/dedication inspiration/talent... :) ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. i don think its fiction, or is it that its too realistic that i cant believe its fiction ??

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Mike,
    forgive me for my english ............

    U people ar going in a wrong way. Please try to understand that the guys who stand with u it self is spyie. The are using u to take revenge. But try to understand that that people have enough strength with in our...selfs....

    DO not do this michle those people doesn't for got all things .

    I talk to tgem formally , they says still fight is on the way...once they start we also start..they might have thinking that it all over but for us it is not over.We are expecting an attack once it happened we will react very badly with out thinking anything , just finish it only few heads need to removed to finish, one writer, second dancer, third pimp, i think u got the people . I am very poor in english but just wanted to let u know the comming danger.

    rest is ur wish.

    under estimation is the very bad thing. something is very bad going to happen...similler like our campus ..those who done thw problem will servive and innocent people will be suffering.

    any way all the best for the same but need to request u one thing don't spoil our lifes again dear....

    leave it ...enjoy life...u r a good writer be in that don't come to wrong side.

    ur friend
    -----------------------

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi mike he is true i agree..... campus is campus ....we need to leave things there it self.

    u can do anything but doesn't help...in future...

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  10. > Lately I have been suffering from a writer's block

    thought we esacaped... but next line

    >So i have decided to start with fiction.

    was really heart breaking.... OMG save us!!!

    ReplyDelete